Sunday, September 13, 2009

Decorate your dog crate!

Love your dog...but not the look of their dog crate in your house? I'm sure I'm not alone on this one...

Solution: drape a decorative custom fleece blanket on top!

No-sew fleece blankets are super easy to make and the fleece section of your local fabric store is loaded with solid and pattern choices of fleece material. Lots of possibilities! The only materials needed are two pieces of fleece and a pair of scissors. Inexpensive! If you have never made a blanket like this, check out an instructional video here.

My mom and I took on this project together, each creating blankets to go on the top of the dog crates at our houses. We both decided to go with a whimsical dog bone print and a solid black on the reverse. Dog bone print certainly isn't for everyone though....if the whimsical look is not your style I think a pattern & solid or two different solids that coordinate with your room would be great!

Crate and blanket at my house:



See how much Gerty loves her little cave!


Two crates and one big blanket at my mom's house:
Notice how the black and white dog bone pattern coordinates with the black and white buffalo check curtains in the room.



If you make your blanket big enough to cover all sides of the crate, you can completely hide the crate if you ever want to!



A fun and easy project that camouflages your four legged friend's home and gives them a cozier place to rest! Another great thing about this project is that the blanket can just be thrown into the washer and dryer if it gets dirty!

2 comments:

  1. Look at you Ashley! Go head!

    Im getting back into my blogging and LOVE to read others. I'll definitely try to be weekly visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your dog crate it very nice, and your puppies is looking very nice in the crate. I like also blanket design.
    Dog crates

    ReplyDelete